Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello Again

It has been a while since I posted...partly because I have not been feeling up to par and mostly because it has just been too bloody hot to do anything! The gardens are in a terrible state and no spinning has been done but; at least, I have been reading and knitting. I am moving along on my Garland Shawl
and have just started the 3rd (of 4) pattern repeats and I have decided that I really enjoy knitting these little triangular shawls with lace borders. In fact I have enjoyed knitting this shawl so much (even with the frogging and re-knitting that has gone on) that I have ordered more yarn from The Yarnarian for two more shawls...who would have ever imagined! I am also knitting a pair of "2-at-a-time toe-up socks on one circ" for my great-niece...these socks will match the multi-colored stripe on the sleeveless sweater I am knitting her.
We also managed a trip up to our favorite holiday place - Topside Inn, Boothbay Harbor, ME and a trip to Ocean Grove, NJ to hear a concert by an outstanding chamber orchestra,  the Carnegie Ensemble, which was founded by a dear friend from our NJ State Opera days.
Time to turn the air conditioner on and start knitting as I listen to the next chapter of my current audio book (Careless in Red by Elizabeth George) before meeting a friend for dinner. I really am anxious for Autumn to arrive!!

No comments: