Thursday, July 02, 2009

From Fleece to Swatch



Friend Peggy (she of the 8 bags of free fleece) and I have agreed to make a presentation at our next knitting guild meeting. We spent hours on it today and have more to go but we have moved ahead. Peggy brought a skein of plied & washed hand-spun Border Leicester home (see photo) with her so she can swatch it before the meeting on Tuesday and I have plied a bobbin of Dorset which I will skein & wash (to set the twist) tomorrow and then I will swatch that. It is really getting more exciting now that we have some REAL yarn to play with!


The gorgeous Gotland fleece I purchased at Woolbearers in Mt. Holly, NJ has been put on the back-burner as I work on the pounds & pounds & pounds & pounds of Border Leicester & Dorset fleece and while all of this is fun and a great learning experience, I really will not do this much work again to get roving to spin...unless the sheep in question is BROWN!!

No comments: