Monday, May 19, 2008

Almost completed!!

The bulky, shawl collared cardigan I am knitting from hand-dyed and hand-spun yarn by Susan Nadelson of Classic Warmth (and my spinning instructor) is just about done...yeah!! All I have to do is sew in the sleeves and that will be started tomorrow when I meet with Susan for a spinning/knitting lesson. I have never really mastered the art of sewing in sleeves...the last time I tried, I left big knots under the arm...enough to stop circulation when the wearer (my DH) lowered his arms :-( So for this one I need help because I want this sweater to be as perfect as I can make it. The yarn is incredible...warm and soft and classic..and I plan to wear this sweater forever. Even though it is May, the mornings and evenings are still quite cool enough to want to wear this long anticipated sweater. And the next one made with a different Nadelson yarn is ready to go on the needles. This sweater knit up very quickly on the size 10.5 needles. I will add another picture with the completed sweater modeled!
I am moving along on the pair of socks for DH being knitted from the yarn he dyed at our workshop at The Spinnery in Frenchtown and the alpaca shawl is about one-third completed. I always have at least three or more projects going at once. It is windy, chilly and partly rainy today...a perfect time for some knitting and tea...I think I with have some of Harney's East Frisian blend...a robust and malty blend.

No comments: